posted 8 days ago by
iLetTheDogsOut
Senior Member - 1K

https://www.linksys.com/us/p/P-CM3008-RM/?

Cable (DOCSIS) Standards:
DOCSIS 1.1 Certified 
DOCSIS 2.0 Certified 
DOCSIS 3.0 Certified
Network Standards:
IEEE802.3 
IEEE802.3u 
IEEE802.3ab 
IPv6 support (Internet Protocol Version 6)
Ports:
1x Gigabit Ethernet 
Maximum Line Rate:
Up to 343Mbps Download, Up to 120 Mbps Upload 
LEDs:
Power, DS (Downstream), US (Upstream), Status, Link 
Buttons:
Reset 
Power:
12V 1A 
Interfaces:
Cable: F-type female 75 ohm 
Warranty and Support:
1-year limited warranty 
90-day complimentary assisted technical support

10 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Does it work with Optimum? I see no reason why it shouldn't from a technical perspective. Is this similar/better/worse than Arris TM822G?

rated:
Not bad, worth a try.

rated:
My current ISP (centurylink) won't renew my promotional price after having done so for two additional years, so it's time to do the 12 month promo dance with xfinity. If they won't renew their promo price in 12 months, it'll be back to CL. $20 seems like a great deal.

rated:
Looks good

rated:
Dotbody said:   My current ISP (centurylink) won't renew my promotional price after having done so for two additional years, so it's time to do the 12 month promo dance with xfinity. If they won't renew their promo price in 12 months, it'll be back to CL. $20 seems like a great deal.

Same here. They wouldn't renew their "deal" after 5 years of renewing. So I cancelled service on 8/1 and got UVerse on 8/4.

Comcast Internet is still working. Their Streaming TV and HBO is still working. I've called and chatted and their reason is they stopped billing me on 8/1 but since I have "TV Service" a technician needs to disconnect the TV signal. He's coming today so hopefully he realizes I don't have streaming service and I'm one of the lucky guys that doesn't have to pay Comcast for internet. I'm really confused as to why they can't block my modem but i'm ok with it. Uverse's peering speeds are an absolute joke. They don't "throttle" they just don't do peering agreements.

TLDR : Once you cancel you'll have a couple of days you can use internet. I received 4 calls from their sales team between that time giving me the promos but I had already ordered uVerse.

rated:
I want to get Internet but cant find a deal .. only deal is 44.99 (xfinity .. internet only or internet and 10+ channels - same price) .. what happened to 19.99 1 year deals? Will this work with Xfinity?

just checked --WORKS WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE PROVIDERSOwning your own modem allows you to eliminate rental fees from your service provider. The Linksys CM3008 Cable Modem is certified to work with Internet service plans from major cable providers, including Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner, Cox, and Charter--providing savings up to $120 a year on modem rental fees.

rated:
Spoke to Optimum. They don't blacklist any modem. As long as it is technically compatible with your plan, it will work. Just ordered 1. Will report back once installed. Thanks, OP.

rated:
Overheated and disconnected constantly
Amazon Gary  said: I just purchased this cable modem a few weeks ago and yes it is very hot and I have to keep powering it on/off daily to get the connection to re-establish. Comcast confirmed the signal was strong and consistent so I believe the modem is the problem. I'll be replacing it soon. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.
I don't want a fire hazard in my home.

rated:
I've had my own modem for a couple years now. My little rural ISP just started charging a rental fee for their modems so bought my own right away.

I have a Arris Surfboard SB6141 (exactly the same as the Motorla) which has been rock solid. But I have no idea of the real life expectancy of these things. I was going to grab this Linksys modem to keep as a backup but don't know if I will ever need it.

What I don't want to happen is my modem to suddenly die, then have to go to WalMart and pay $80-$120 for a new modem because I wasn't prepared with a backup.

rated:
prosperity said:   I've had my own modem for a couple years now. My little rural ISP just started charging a rental fee for their modems so bought my own right away.

I have a Arris Surfboard SB6141 (exactly the same as the Motorla) which has been rock solid. But I have no idea of the real life expectancy of these things. I was going to grab this Linksys modem to keep as a backup but don't know if I will ever need it.

What I don't want to happen is my modem to suddenly die, then have to go to WalMart and pay $80-$120 for a new modem because I wasn't prepared with a backup.

The SB6141 is kind of a tank. I probably wouldn't pay for a spare. If anything, I'd expect this CM3008 to fail before the 6141 fails. By the time the 6141 fails, it'll be time to buy a DOCSIS 5.0 modem or something more current for when gigabit is the lowest tier.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017